I'm baaaaaack (again)!

Saturday, September 17, 2016


So. I took a hiatus. (Can it be called a hiatus if I have taken more months away from the blog than I've actually written? I am going to say Yes.)

Things happened. I delivered my second daughter in January, went back to work in May, developed a hardcore coffee habit, and have generally wondered where the time has gone since. But I have kept reading*!

I am not sure what kind of pace I will actually be able to maintain on this blog. Certainly it probably wont match those who post a few times a week or even more than a few times a month. I don't know if I'll review everything (or even most novels) that I read. But I do miss writing here, and I do want to get back to it. So I am going to try again!

But I am going to start small and manageable by bringing back the Short Story Sundays. Next Sunday, I'll read and review the first of the Locus nominees for Short Story available online:

‘‘Three Cups of Grief, by Starlight’’, Aliette de Bodard (Clarkesworld 1/15)
‘‘Madeleine’’, Amal El-Mohtar (Lightspeed 6/15)
‘‘Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers’’, Alyssa Wong (Nightmare 10/15) - 2016 Nebula Award Winner
‘‘Cat Pictures Please’’, Naomi Kritzer (Clarkesworld 1/15) - 2016 Locus Award Winner.


*snapshot of the books I've read thus far in 2016 (so much good!!!):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Exploring Worlds
Template by These Paper Hearts